- 2009-12-16 2nd meeting of the CENATIC Advisory Council with the participation as member of Alberto Barrionuevo representing FFII.
- 2009-12-04 to 13 (possible) meeting with the informatization board of the Cuban Ministry of Communications and Informatics, La Habana, Cuba, by Alberto Barrionuevo.
- 2009-12-01 to 03 participation to be defined of several FFII Spain Members in the Open Source World Conference 2009 at Caceres (Spain).
- 2009-11-05 Meeting with responsibles for Internet and Open Source and Open Standards of the Spanish Ministry of Industry with the participation of Alberto Barrionuevo representing FFII.
- 2009-09-24 (World day against software patents 2009), Alberto Barrionuevo defends his master thesis in the Politechnic University of Madrid. The thesis is partly based on works done by FFII on interoperability and civil digital rights. Thesis awarded with Honour Mention.
- 2009-07-09: Conference by Alberto Barrionuevo at Las Palmas de Gran Canaria (Spain) in the Gran Canaria Desktop Summit about interoperability and electronic administration.
- 2009-06-26 Georg Jakob, Ivan Villanueva, Linux Magazine Interview at LinuxTag conference
- 2009-05-20 Magistral Teaching by Alberto Barrionuevo at the Faculty of Image and Sound of the University of Malaga (Spain) about open standards and open source business models.
- 2009-05-13 Participation of FFII Spain in the Congress orbanized by CENATIC about the Spanish Law 11/2007.
- 2009-05-12 Participation of Alberto Barrionuevo in the 1st meeting of the Advisory Council of CENATIC of which Alberto is member representing FFII.
- 2009-05-07 Speech on the University of Seville (Spain) about open standards and software patents in the Universitary Free Software Conquest.
2009-04-28 Participation of three FFII members in the conference Patinnova of the European Patent Organisation in Prague, where the ex-president Alberto Barrionuevo held a prominent speech about his concerns on standarisation and patent protection. Presentation: Software Patents and Open Standards.
2009-03-17. Participation of FFII representatives in the STOA conference: Current Policy Issues in the Governance of the European Patent System. A draft report is available to FFII members on https://ffii.org/Intern
2009-01-29 Workshop on the interaction between the European Patent Office and Civil Society – Munich The European Patent Office organised a workshop and invited the FFII. Benjamin Henrion represented the FFII in the workshop. The EPO asked to not diseminate the content of the discussions.
- 2009-01-27 Presentation in Madrid of our “ITC measures against the crisis” (translation) to the ITC board of the Spanish socialist party (PSOE, in the national gobernment at the time). Confidential document non disclosed, but signed by Alberto Barrionuevo in the name of FFII.
- 2009-01-24 10 min. speech by Alberto Barrionuevo in the “We want forum” (translation, Madrid) of the Popular Party of Spain. It was TV recorded and was related to open source, open standards and freedom of IT infrastructure, focusing mainly on measures against the crisis.